Invisalign Q & A
How can Invisalign help my smile?
Invisalign corrects the same dental problems as traditional metal braces. The only difference is that Invisalign trays are almost invisible to the naked eye, and you can remove them at any time.
Some problems that Invisalign can correct are:
- Overcrowding: This occurs when there is not enough space for the teeth to align healthily in the mouth. Overcrowding can cause tooth decay and increase the likelihood of gum disease.
- Large gaps between teeth: This can sometimes occur because teeth are missing or because the jaw grows abnormally.
- Crossbite: This common dental problem occurs when one or multiple upper teeth bite inside the lower teeth. As a consequence, uneven wear can lead to bone erosion and gum disease.
- Overbite: This problem occurs when the upper teeth project further than, or completely cover the lower teeth. Eventually, jaw pain and temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders may occur.
- Underbite: The opposite of an overbite, an underbite occurs when the lower teeth project further than, or completely cover, the upper teeth.
How does Invisalign treatment work?
Dr. Lee offers free consultations for patients interested in Invisalign treatment. If you decide to opt for a treatment plan, he first takes impressions and photos of your teeth.
Once the treatment plan is created, a 3D digital model is made and you can see how your smile will evolve through the different stages and aligners.
A unique set of aligners (often called trays) are made. The total amount of trays required varies with each case, but you’ll most likely wear a tray for two weeks at a time before switching to a new one. They gradually shift the position of your teeth until you have your desired results.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
Invisalign differs from traditional braces in that the aligning trays are fully removable. That requires more discipline and commitment from the patient, but the experience is also more convenient.
Since the trays are nearly invisible, most patients appreciate being able to wear their aligners at work or during social events, without feeling self-conscious or uncomfortable.
To request a free Invisalign consultation with Dr. Lee, call or use the easy online scheduling tool to book an appointment today.